Tuesday, November 06, 2007

My first guest DT project for November...

Here is my first November guest designer project for Savvy N Sassy...I had lots of ideas with this before I even got in the mail (today was a good mail day!) Here's my altered canvas...thanks for the inspiration of fellow scrapper, Michelle and Donna Downey, the queen of canvases! More to come...stay tuned!

THE JOURNALLING IS AS FOLLOWS: This is a photo of me (the baby), my mom, my Mamere, and my Nanny... my two grandmothers..they are not with us anymore...Mamere passed away on September 19th, 2002...Nanny passed away just this summer, on July 20th, 2007...I miss them both very much. I think about them all the time...I always wear my Mamere bracelet...I've had it on since my wedding three years ago...I had a Nanny bracelet until recently. I lost my bracelet...I was really sad when I realized that...I see these bracelets as my connections with my grandmothers. We didn't always stay as connected as I would have liked. But, I know they loved me and I loved them. Mamere was very sick when she passed away. She had cancer in a big part of her body. She was finally released from her pain on September 19th, 2002. Nanny passed away in my parents' house. I was there when she passed away. It was very beautiful. She had her entire family (Grandpa, Aunt Rosemary, Mom, Aunt Sue, Uncle John) around her. Trenton and I were there too along with my dad. Trenton was SO good...he was only 18 months when she passed. He was very quiet until she was pretty much gone and then just before she passed, he said "Nana"...it was very beautiful. He will always remember his Nana. I'm very grateful for my grandmothers...they helped raise my two parents and I'm very grateful for them because they made me who I am. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Amanda your canvas is beautiful and the comments about your grandmas is so heartfelt. Great job!

jenn said...

Beautiful!!!! love it!!!