Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Family Traditions

A long standing tradition in our house is putting up the large nativity scene. It has been up in my parents' house for as long as I can remember. But now my mother has passed it on to me. It's weird not seeing it in my parents' kitchen but it is a nice touch to our little Christmas display!!!
I remember playing with the figurines and telling the Christmas story so now my son, who is eleven months old today, can do the same. We want him to know that Christmas isn't just about getting presents. We want him to know that it's about GIVING too.

I am wanting to start a family tradition of him picking out a present for a child who is less fortunate than him. We are so blessed. We have a roof over our heads; we have internet, cable, cell phones, computers, vehicles; my son has many toys to play with; and there are some children who have nothing. So I want him to know that he can help a child have an enjoyable Christmas too!


Merry Christmas everyone! Only 19 days till Christmas!!! YEAH!!!

1 comment:

jenn said...

oh I love that!!!! How neat that its now with you at your house!!!! We do operation christmas and the angel tree too. Its very important to my kids as it will become for yours too :) hugs