Thursday, May 17, 2007

Dandelion Boy

This was part of the Go Scrapping Amazing Race challenge - we had to post our favorite pic and then journal at LEAST 200 words about it! Here's mine:

You’re getting so big…I cannot believe you’re 16 months already….it seems like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant. That was over two years ago now and you’ve turned into quite the little man. You can walk, you’re starting to talk, you love life; your smile lights up the room!
I love that you explore your world around you…whether it’s the smallest piece of dirt on the floor to picking dandelions for mommy…your cute little red sun hat frames your beautiful smiling face as you hand me the flowers…little rays of sunshine that brighten up my day like you do. I can be down in the dumps and one look at you smiling or dancing or just being cute, and all is washed away. Your cute little “ah rov ya” (translation: I Love You) makes my day complete.
It warms my heart like the sunshine behind you to be your mother…this was my second Mother’s Day…well, actually my third according to me – I knew I was pregnant in May 2005…but I didn’t tell anyone then….I knew you were there…and you’ve made each one very special. I am truly blessed to have you as my son and I cannot wait to see what life has in store for you as you grow and become who and what you will be for the rest of your life!!

Here's a few more pics from Mother's Day.

Hope everyone had a very Happy Mother's Day!!!!! I love you all!!!

4 comments:

Claudia and Luke said...

Mothers Day's are fun with little ones...
Hope yours was wonderful..
He's such a cutie!!

Mich said...

great pics taken on the special day...good thinking batwoman :-)

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!

xo

jenn said...

Ohhh love those pics and LOVE what you wrote! It is awesome being a mom isn't it?? love ya!

Glynis said...

Nice journal entry Amanda - I love this picture of Trenton, too. Although I am still thinking those dandelions were for Grandma!:):) Maybe wishful thinking? :) Love Mom xxx You are awesome!